This course is designed to enable apprentices and apprentice employers to :
• Know what mental health is, why people develop mental health conditions and the role of a First Aider for mental health
• Know how to provide advice and practical support for a person presenting a
suspected mental health condition
• Know how to recognise and manage stress
• Understand the impact of substance abuse on mental health
• Understand the first aid action plan for mental health and be able to put it in place
• Know how to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace
• Understand a range of mental health disorders and the support/therapy
provided by professional healthcare providers
Alongisde this, participants will also receive an Introduction to Wellbeing/Introduction to Mindfulness.
- Courses for current apprentices
- Courses for employers who support apprentices
- Courses for employers who would like to take on apprentices
- Courses for those considering an apprenticeship
Date: Monthly sessions available
How will I learn:
Face-to-face delivery with an industry expert
Collaborative Apprenticeships courses are offered for free (fully funded) to eligible participants. The project is funded by the European Social Fund and (ESF) managed by the West Yorkshire Consortium of Colleges.
You are eligible to apply for this course if you are over 16 and live or work in Bradford, Calderdale, Craven, Harrogate, Kirklees, Leeds, Selby, Wakefield or York districts. Further restrictions apply, please enquire to find out more.
Through our dedicated employer facing team, Calderdale College can offer high- quality, tailored training to meet the needs of businesses across a range of sectors. With highly qualified and experienced staff, learners are motivated to achieve their potential and utilise their new skills to benefit the business. The college is very effective in identifying and meeting the skills needs of local employers, already working with around 3,000 businesses in the area to develop courses and deliver training that helps them…
"The course has given me new skills and allowed me to take on more responsibility in my current role."
"A [re]boot course demonstrates that they are self-motivated and have the capacity to learn new skills."
"Each course has been designed in partnership with local businesses, giving you the skills needed by local employers"
"The aim is to drive up skill levels which could lead to greater earning potential and help overcome the barriers faced by those in low-paid work"