If you are an employer and you are interested in taking on an apprentice, or you already manage an apprentice and would like to have a better understanding of the Apprenticehip Service Account, this course is for you.
This four hour course includes:
• Introduction to the Apprenticeship Service Account (DAS) for employers
• How to set up an Apprenticeship Service Account.
• Setting up your providers and changing permissions on the Apprenticeship Service Account.
• Creating a cohort on the Apprenticeship Service Account.
• Authorising cohorts on the Apprenticeship Service Account.
• Making changes to the information in the Apprenticeship Service Account.
• Finding a Training Provider.
• Advertising for an apprentice.
- Courses for employers who support apprentices
- Courses for employers who would like to take on apprentices
Date: First session: Tuesday 14th June and monthly Tuesday sessions thereafter.
Duration: Four hours
How will I learn:
Face-to-face delivery with an industry expert. Remote sessions also avalable upon request.
Skills Connect offers FREE training courses to all adults across West Yorkshire. Skills Connect is funded by the West Yorkshire Combined Authority through Gainshare and is part of the LEP’s Futuregoals brand.
Must be aged 19 or over on the course start date. Employed, Self-Employed and Unemployed participants are eligible. Please note: Participants who are ‘Economically Inactive’ are not eligible for this project. Must have the right to legally reside and work in the UK and live in in West Yorkshire. Participants cannot be in full time education or on an apprenticeship at the time of joining. Must not have undertaken a Skills Connect course in the past (an individual can only receive funding for one course).
Through our dedicated employer facing team, Calderdale College can offer high- quality, tailored training to meet the needs of businesses across a range of sectors. With highly qualified and experienced staff, learners are motivated to achieve their potential and utilise their new skills to benefit the business. The college is very effective in identifying and meeting the skills needs of local employers, already working with around 3,000 businesses in the area to develop courses and deliver training that helps them…
"The course has given me new skills and allowed me to take on more responsibility in my current role."
"A [re]boot course demonstrates that they are self-motivated and have the capacity to learn new skills."
"Each course has been designed in partnership with local businesses, giving you the skills needed by local employers"
"The aim is to drive up skill levels which could lead to greater earning potential and help overcome the barriers faced by those in low-paid work"